Establishing tradition in Prague

13:33

staroměstské náměstí
Probably one of my favourite capitals!
It happened so, that I established a tradition of visiting Prague on the 1st of September. Two years in a row I was there at the same time and each time I discovered domething new there. 

Backpacker's hostel, St Christopher's innAfter Brno I went to this amazing capital and reunited with my Spanish friend. The very first night of our arrival there we bumped into friendly Welsh guys who helped us with the way to our hostel. Despite its name "St. Christopher's inn" very interesting and unusual people stayed there.  We lived in the room with 9 more girls from Great Britain, Germany and China. One of the hostel staff was a spitting image of Lana del Rey and each time I spoke to her I wondered the similarity between them. The hostel was exclusively for young people, who wanted to hang out and meet other people from other parts of the world. The hostel had a hall for the parties, but honestly speaking, we'd never attended them, because we were grannies usually too tired.
Here we also joined free tours, which I liked more and more every time we took one.
Astronomical clock in Prague A real surprise for me was that I didn't hear Czech language that much, but Spanish one was heard from everywhere. I didn't need my English to ask someone to make a photo, for example, because my Spanish girl could easily ask for it in Spanish.  Walking round the city we went to see the ceremony at the Astronomical Clock. Luckily we had to wait just 5 minutes, because I wouldn't call that process a ceremony. Anyway, the clock itself looks very interesting.

We used to have the favourite cafeteria with tasty deserts and coffee on our way from the hostel to the main square. Usually I eat at home, so it felt as if we were in a movie. 
John Lennon's wall, Слава Україні One of the coolest places we had visited was
John Lennon's wall. It was rioting with colours and we had difficulty to find the picture of John Lennon himself, since there were a lot of different signs and quotes in different languages. I was very surprised and pleased to see the sign of "Glory to Ukraine" on the wall, too.

John Lennon's pub in PragueWe were also lucky enough to visit the street market that was taking place near that Wall. There were many French dishes to offer.
The next day we went to the towers of Prague, its "Eiffel" one, where we had a stunning view upon the city. There was a whole territory with a mirror room, where people could mock at themselves looking into distorted reflection. Going down was also a challenge for us, since we didn't know exactly the path, but we were lucky to watch a marvelous skyline, though we were really tired by the time we reached the Charles' Bridge again.
Towers of Prague


bricks from all over the world in Prague
Walking through the city we found this interesting thing, made of bricks, that are signed by people all over the world.Of course, the main place of tourists' "pilgrimage" was Charles' Bridge. It was full of people any time of day, so there were some traffic jams, made by pedestrian themselves. There were stalls with souvenirs and may artists, who were ready to draw your portrait or make a caricature. Some souvenir shops offered Becherovka (traditional Czech beverage) with Cannabis and even lollipops with Cannabis. At first I wanted to buy it, but then thought that officers at customs might misunderstand :)
Charles' Bridge , Karluv Most
In the evening we couldn't keep from climbing the tower in the Staromestska Namesti. We spent almost an hour there, relaxing, taking pictures and enjoying watching the city as the first lanterns begin to light uo the streets and the evening covers the top of the  Church of Mother of God in front of Týn. Every evening there were some street performances to amuse tourists, like street bands or single singers, dancers and fire show.


staroměstské náměstí

Prague Opera House
Prague Opera House
Dancing house in Prague













We also visited a famous Dancing House. It was only some 10 minutes walk from our hostel. It looks nice, but we spent there some 10 minutes in general.We enjoyed another free tour in the Castle. It is considered to be one of the biggest and it is also the residence of the President of Czech Republic. 


Prague Castle/ Pražský hrad
My Spanish friend waving "Hi" to Czech President


Pražský hrad, guard at prague castle
The guard at the entrance of the Castle.
Prague at night from Charles Bridge
 I don't know why , but I really got attached to this city. It has something special that keeps me wanting to come here again and again. It never let me get bored and I'm sure that there are still so many places I haven't visited yet.
Prague at night from the Charles Bridge




The song of the day:

You Might Also Like

0 коментарі